Every states’ tax abatement process puts the burden of proof on the applicant. In most cases, this requires an appraisal report.
Since 2003 Chet Rogers, MAI and his team have helped dozens of property owners and municipalities with appraisals to support tax abatements.
Our team approach enables us to be flexible and responsive to your needs anywhere in northern New England.
There are numerous common value issues that can be raised on appeal:
- Comparable listings or sales
- Existing zoning
- Functional or External Obsolescence
- Loss of visibility or signage
- Land with out-sized grading or demolition costs
- Environmental issues
- External Nuisances-Public or Private
- Land improvement defects